Thermal batteries are the ideal energy source to supply the instant and high levels of electrical power requirement of advanced systems. They are widely used as primary power sources in various military and aerospace applications, due to their reliable, maintenance-free and durable structure, as well as their capability of meeting long shelf life requirements. They are for single use (non-rechargeable) and custom designed according to the system’s specifications.
Having more than 16 years of experience; to date TUBITAK SAGE has designed and manufactured many different thermal battery types qualified with respect to globally accepted military standards.
Besides being the main supplier of Turkish defence companies, TÜBİTAK SAGE has many worldwide customers with a continuously growing export market.
Main Applications of Thermal Batteries:
- Guidance tail kits
- Acoustic jammers/emulators
- Guided artillery shells
- Aircraft ejection seat systems
Advantages of Thermal Batteries:
- Long and maintenance free shelf life (>20 years)
- Short activation time (<500 ms)
- Alternative activation methods (electrical igniter, percussion cap, inertial igniter)
- No self-discharge
- High power density
- Simultaneous multiple power supply capacity
- Wide operating temperature range (-54˚C/+71˚C)
- Durability to extreme environmental conditions (Thermal batteries are durable to high levels of vibration, shock, acceleration, high/low pressure levels, high levels of humidity, etc. during storage and operation)
- High reliability (>%99.95)
- Custom designed (Thermal batteries are designed according to requirements of the main system)